Winter on the Water
Thru.-Jan. 1/JACKSONVILLE – A series of festive events to spread the holiday spirit and joy, including nightly snowfalls and boat parades.
- Deck the Chairs: More than 40 American Red Cross lifeguard chairs decorated in coastal-themed designs and lights will be on display in Jacksonville Beach. Combining creative storytelling with public art, the event also draws awareness to local public arts education.
- Dazzling Nights at the Jacksonville Arboretum and Botanical Gardens: A family friendly transformation of the gardens into a winter wonderland with a million lights and magical displays.
- Jacksonville Light Boat Parade: Nov. 26: Decorated boats of all shapes and sizes will float along the St. Johns River. The night concludes with a fireworks show, featuring one-of-a-kind waterfall fireworks on the Main Street and Acosta Bridge.
- Gingerbread House Extravaganza: A staple for 20 years, dozens of intricately decorated gingerbread houses will be on display at Old St. Andrews Church, December 8-27.
- Riverside Avondale Luminaria: Dec. 10 -Take a stroll down sidewalks illuminated with candles in the historic Riverside Avondale neighborhood.
- First Coast Nutcracker: Dec. 16-18 – With the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra.
- TaxSlayer Gator Bowl: Dec. 30 – College football at the TIAA Bank Field in Downtown.
- New Year’s Eve Celebration: It’s not New Year’s without fireworks. At exactly midnight, the City lights up the waterfront and skyline for an amazing display over the St. Johns River.
For the complete list of Winter on the Water events go to: www.visitjacksonville.com/events/holidays/christmas-holidays/
Thru Jan. 1/ORLANDO– Returning for its third year at Island H2O Water Park, the all-new venue will transform into a winter wonderland featuring millions of lights, luminous displays, festive family activities and live entertainment for a one-of-a-kind, fully immersive holiday experience. Tree-lined pathways, tunnels of light, and maybe even a little snow! An all new dancing lights show on a five-story water slide. Proceeds from the event will once again benefit Give Kids The World Village, 89-acre, whimsical nonprofit resort that provides critically ill children and their families from around the world with magical week-long wish vacations at no cost. Tickets are $30 for adults and $15 for kids. Purchase at https://www.gktw.org/lights/tickets.php
Through Jan. 2/VILANO BEACH – Hosting an entire month of activities at the Vilano Holiday Village featuring visits from Santa and Mrs. Claus and live performances. It begins with the tree lighting on Dec. 2, then a book fair with Carol Aebersold, author of the popular “The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition” will be featured along with movie night at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 9. On Dec. 16 an artisan market with a live performance by pianist Jeremy Weinglass will take place. On Dec. 23, Cirque Adventure: Elf Christmas, an aerial and acrobatic show set to holiday tunes will entertain all. For more information, visit https://www.vilanobeachfl.com/vilanoholidayvillage/