Winter on the Water
Nov. 23-Jan. 1/JACKSONVILLE – A series of festive events to spread the holiday spirit and joy, including nightly snowfalls and boat parades.
- Deck the Chairs: More than 40 American Red Cross lifeguard chairs decorated in coastal-themed designs and lights will be on display in Jacksonville Beach. Combining creative storytelling with public art, the event also draws awareness to local public arts education.
- Dazzling Nights at the Jacksonville Arboretum and Botanical Gardens: A family friendly transformation of the gardens into a winter wonderland with a million lights and magical displays.
- Jacksonville Light Boat Parade: Nov. 26: Decorated boats of all shapes and sizes will float along the St. Johns River. The night concludes with a fireworks show, featuring one-of-a-kind waterfall fireworks on the Main Street and Acosta Bridge.
- Gingerbread House Extravaganza: A staple for 20 years, dozens of intricately decorated gingerbread houses will be on display at Old St. Andrews Church, December 8-27.
- Riverside Avondale Luminaria: Dec. 10 -Take a stroll down sidewalks illuminated with candles in the historic Riverside Avondale neighborhood.
- First Coast Nutcracker: Dec. 16-18 – With the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra.
- TaxSlayer Gator Bowl: Dec. 30 – College football at the TIAA Bank Field in Downtown.
- New Year’s Eve Celebration: It’s not New Year’s without fireworks. At exactly midnight, the City lights up the waterfront and skyline for an amazing display over the St. Johns River.
For the complete list of Winter on the Water events go to: www.visitjacksonville.com/events/holidays/christmas-holidays/
Nov. 8- Dec. 22/ORLANDO – This event will offer an evening of merriment featuring “Minnie’s Wonder Christmastime Fireworks,” “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade,” complimentary cookies and hot cocoa at locations throughout the park, three jolly new photo opportunities and more (separate ticketed event). For details, see Christmas Party.
Nov. 19/ORLANDO – A free event held in Ivanhoe Village from 4-9 p.m. Spanning stretches of Orange Avenue and Virginia Drive, as well as Gaston Edwards Park. Featuring a variety of yuletide festivities from beer gardens to live music, arts and crafts vendors, food trucks, a children’s holiday village, a fireworks finale and more. The event will also feature the ticketed “12 Wines of Christmas” Wine Walk experience for access to tastings among a curated selection of wine options at 20 locations.
Thru Jan. 1/ORLANDO– Returning for its third year at Island H2O Water Park, the all-new venue will transform into a winter wonderland featuring millions of lights, luminous displays, festive family activities and live entertainment for a one-of-a-kind, fully immersive holiday experience. Tree-lined pathways, tunnels of light, and maybe even a little snow! An all new dancing lights show on a five-story water slide. Proceeds from the event will once again benefit Give Kids The World Village, 89-acre, whimsical nonprofit resort that provides critically ill children and their families from around the world with magical week-long wish vacations at no cost. Tickets are $30 for adults and $15 for kids. Purchase at https://www.gktw.org/lights/tickets.php