From the world’s first-ever “surf coaster” and immersive escape rooms inspired by beloved blockbuster films, to a new luxury resort and high-speed rail connecting Miami to Orlando, it’s the perfect destination for an extended winter weekend getaway.
“Orlando is an ever-growing destination offering incredible new experiences, unique places to stay and diverse dining for travelers,” said Casandra Matej, president and CEO of Visit Orlando.
Here are some of the exciting Orlando openings to look forward to in 2023:
Walt Disney World Resort
- TRON Lightcycle / Run, scheduled to open at Magic Kingdom Park in spring 2023, will be one of the fastest coasters at any Disney theme park in the world. Based on the Disney sci-fi film TRON: Legacy, guests will speed across a world with no horizons in a high-stakes race in their very own Lightcycle.
- Walt Disney World announced an updated nighttime spectacular with the return of the “Happily Ever After” lighting up the skies at Magic Kingdom Park in 2023.
- Journey of Water, inspired by Moana, opens in late-2023 within World Nature – the EPCOT neighborhood dedicated to understanding and preserving the beauty, awe, and balance of the natural world. The all-ages attraction will allow guests to explore and engage with water as it travels from the skies to the oceans and back again.
Universal Orlando Resort
- Universal’s Great Movie Escape at Universal CityWalk is the first-ever escape room experience that features two rooms with interactive state-of-the-art missions, captivating storytelling and intricately detailed sets, inspired by Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment’s blockbuster films Jurassic World and Back to the Future.
- Illumination’s Villain-Con Minion Blast – opening summer 2023 at Universal Studios Florida – will combine innovative screen technology, state-of-the-art gaming interactivity and elaborate physical sets to create a one-of-a-kind, game-based adventure where guests encounter immersive environments, nefarious villains and tons of mischievous Minions from Illumination’s blockbuster film franchise. The new attraction will be part of a new Minion land, featuring the beloved Despicable Me Minion Mayhem attraction, a new Minion café and more.
SeaWorld Orlando Parks & Entertainment
- Pipeline: The Surf Coaster, SeaWorld Orlando‘s 7th roller coaster, will debut in spring 2023. The attraction will be the world’s first “Surf Coaster,” offering immersive design elements, including a dynamic surfing launch and “wave jumping” motions, for a one-of-a-kind ocean adventure.
LEGOLAND Florida Resort
- LEGOLAND Florida will open its newest attraction – Pirate River Quest – in early 2023. The family-friendly treasure hunt adventure, led by a pirate in search of a lost treasure, takes guests through the uncharted waters of the legendary Cypress Gardens to discover the secrets protecting its canals.
- Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando — Disney Springs® Area, the newest official Walt Disney Partner Hotel, is set to be completed in spring 2023 with 604 guestrooms and 17,000+ square feet of meeting space. Property guests will be able to enjoy a resort-style pool, splash pad and poolside dining and refreshments, as well as an extensive marketplace, a cozy dining experience, complimentary hot breakfast, shuttle service to all four Walt Disney World® Resort theme parks, and evening snacks and beverages.
- Cambria Hotel Orlando Universal Blvd will welcome guests this winter. Located in the International Drive Resort area – near major attractions as well as local shopping and restaurants – this 118-room property offers amenities including a rooftop pool and lounge, state-of-the-art fitness center, the sophisticated Veer Kitchen & Bar restaurant, rooftop bar and more.
- JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes completed several multimillion-dollar renovations just in time for 2023 travel. The property’s new amenities and offerings include: an expansive waterpark, refreshed guest rooms and suites, the introduction of inspired executive family suites, and a redesigned and upgraded lobby lounge.
- Visitors staying at Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando in 2023 will experience new additions – like the upscale Altira Rooftop Pool Lounge where guests can savor seasonally influenced dishes and specialty cocktails – and reimagined spaces like the property’s signature restaurant, The Boheme; the Bösendorfer Lounge; and guest rooms.
- The Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers, an Indiana-based table service restaurant and bakery, will open a new location at Disney’s BoardWalk in Walt Disney World Resort in 2023. The restaurant will offer savory and sweet options, along with afternoon tea service, in a whimsical atmosphere.
- Brew Theory Marketplace, an all-new food hall coming to Apopka summer 2023, will feature a full liquor bar, Brew Theory taproom, a beer garden and various retail tenants.
- Rosa Mexicano opens its first Orlando-area location in the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin in early 2023. The menu showcases a contemporary interpretation of authentic Mexican cuisine, including beloved classics and innovative dishes that pay tribute to Mexico’s richly varied culinary regions. The restaurant will feature an extensive beverage program boasting over 100 varieties of tequila and agave-based spirits.
- Pointe Orlando’s newest restaurant addition KAVAS Tacos + Tequila, a restaurant concept by the owners of Tapa Toro and Taverna Opa, pays tribute to Mexico’s rich culinary history, featuring savory comfort food, fresh tableside experiences and recipes hand-crafted from the freshest ingredients.
Continuous updates on what’s new in Orlando can be found at VisitOrlando.com, the official visitor information source for the destination. On the website, visitors can also make an appointment for a complimentary, personalized one-on-one Vacation Planning Service with one of Visit Orlando’s vacation planning experts for advice and guidance on building the perfect itinerary.