Coastal Mississippi, the Convention and Visitors Bureau for the tri-county region of the Mississippi Gulf Coast announces the launch of One More Day of Play, a year-long initiative to encourage visitors to extend their weekend trips to the region by one more day. Research shows that by traveling on Monday instead of Sunday, consumers can save at the gas tank (GasBuddy, 2022) and on airfare (NerdWallet, 2022). By extending their stay, visitors can not only make more memories but save even more money through seasonal itineraries, and exclusive discounts at some of the area’s top lodging, attractions, and retailers.
Holiday Experiences & Events
During the 2022 holiday season, Coastal Mississippi sees the return of many annual events and experiences sparking the holiday spirit across its 62-mile shoreline. Visitors traveling to the region can experience One More Day of Play this season with festive activities, including:
- Christmas cruises with a firework show and Live Christmas music in Downtown Biloxi
- The crowd-favorite Gulfport Harbor Lights Winter Festival or a holiday-themed Ghost and Cemetery Walk to see historic Bay St Louis in a unique way.
- One of the South’s most anticipated holiday displays at Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, known for turning its property into a beachfront winter wonderland with a variety of entertainment and special events, including Finding Christmas, a Broadway-style musical following a young duo who set out on a quest to find the true meaning of Christmas.
- The Rock’n Christmas Costume Party on Dec. 15 with a special One More Day of Play promo code to receive a free, exclusive gift at the door.
For those looking to enjoy one more day of play after the holiday season, Coastal Mississippi welcomes visitors with an array of ongoing activities, providing the opportunity to enjoy one more day of play year-round.
Gaming, Entertainment & Culture
Travelers can feel the excitement of Coastal Mississippi’s robust gaming industry and wealth of entertainment options thanks to various offerings, including:
- Twelve world-class casino resorts welcoming visitors year-round with gaming, live entertainment, luxury lodging and delicious culinary experiences, including a stay 3 or more nights and save 10% offer from Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino in Biloxi.
- Many live music and nightlife venues, such as The Juke Joint and Sipps Bars.
- A multitude of museums, including a buy one, get one 50% off offering at the Infinity Science Center.
Signature Culinary & Sustainability
Coastal Mississippi’s culinary scene is booming with a vast array of award-winning cuisine, nationally recognized chefs, and an overall effort to celebrate, preserve and protect its environment. Offerings from the region include:
- Quaint seafood spots featuring Gulf-fresh seafood with a view and sustainable fine dining with a farm-to-table approach.
- Local coffee shops and bakeries invite visitors to enjoy one more day of play with special incentives, like buy one, get one half price offering at Perks Coffee Shop & Café.
Outdoor Adventures & Family Fun
Coastal Mississippi offers unique outdoor and family fun experiences for visitors of all ages with an abundance of exploration, including:
- Hands-on, educational attractions and excursions throughout the designated National Heritage Area
- Seasonal ticket pricing at the Mississippi Aquarium, starting at $19.95
- A special free offering for a tandem kayak for two at the Pascagoula River Audubon Center.
To learn more about Coastal Mississippi and start planning your One More Day of Play, please visit CoastalMississippi.com
About Coastal Mississippi: Coastal Mississippi is an organization charged with promoting South Mississippi as a tourism and convention destination worldwide. Its mission centers on attracting ever-increasing numbers of leisure, convention, sports, and business visitors to the area. It is dedicated to maximizing the travel and tourism industry for South Mississippi.